Thinking Feeling Moving Terms and Conditions
Professionalism and Safety
Online sessions should be treated the same as if you are in a consultation with me in person and visiting me in a physical clinic. Please ensure that you:
- Can be seen and heard clearly. Please place your computer/ device camera in a position where when seated you can be seen from the chest up and are in frame. A good rule of thumb is to have the device’s camera arm’s length from you and in a stable position. Please also use headphones to reduce background noise.
- Be properly dressed for therapy.
- Be prepared in a space for therapy where you can speak freely and will not be distracted. This means nobody else in the room with you, unless previously arranged e.g. Couples/ multiple partner therapy. This includes no children or infants. Arrangements for their care will need to be sorted before our session.
- Not to be distracted with eating or drinking.
- You are of clear mind and not under the influence of unmedicated drugs/ alcohol.
- You are not distracted by pets.
Failure to adhere to these points may result in termination of the remainder of the session. Payment of the full allocated session will be honoured.
Cancelling a booking and late appointments
Please give me 48 hours’ notice if you cannot make a scheduled appointment. I reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee if you fail to show up or if you give me less than 48 hours’ notice.
If you arrive late, I will not be able to extend the session, as other clients are likely to be following you. If you decide to leave early, I will still charge the fee for a full session. I will keep the Teams room open for the duration of the session waiting for you to attend.
You may reschedule your appointment (more than 24 hours’ notice) via the link which is listed on your appointment email. This will trigger a new appointment time and I shall get a notification.
You have the right to cancel the service which you have ordered. A minimum of 48 hours’ notice will need to be given if you are unable to attend the session and require a refund otherwise it is non- refundable. For rescheduling your appointment, you can do this through the link that was supplied to you in your booking confirmation email.
Bookings can be made online through www.thinkingfeelingmoving.com where clients can choose suitable timeslots at their convenience. Psychosexual Therapy and Counselling sessions are recommended to occur weekly. If you need to book in for an earlier session you can do this through the website bookings page. Yoga Therapy Programmes are recommended to be practiced daily, and updated fortnightly.
If we lose connection I will keep the Microsoft Teams room open. If it happens to be unstable, we can as a back up switch to WhatsApp. Please note that this is only as a backup and although is encrypted is less secure than Microsoft Teams. I request that you find me on WhatsApp and send a request for connection. +447843800297.
Applying for refunds
If you request a refund (outside of the 48 hour cancellation window), and you would rather have a refund instead of rescheduling, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible. Your request will need to be emailed. Please state what the service was, and the date your session was due to happen. We may enquire as to why you are seeking the refund so that we can improve our services. We will make every effort to process your payment as quickly as possible. Your financial institution can take up to 20 days for the refund to reflect in your back account/ card.
Case Notes and client files
During sessions I may take brief notes. Information collected will be kept in password-protected and encrypted storage in accordance with GDPR.
Initial Free 30 minute consultation
Upon booking for an initial consultation either for Clinical Sexology, Relationship Therapy, Counselling, Private Yoga or Yoga Therapy, the online booking system will trigger the relevant forms to be sent to you. This information should be completed and sent back to me at your earliest convenience. This helps me to understand your needs and make the best use of our time. The initial consultation is not a therapy session. I will discuss options with you and possible pathways. In some circumstances I may feel that another therapist may be better suited to work with you, I shall endeavour to refer you to an appropriate person.
Yoga- Check with your Private Health Fund. You may be able to claim the sessions.
Clinical Sexology, Relationship Therapy, Counselling- Not available.
Making a complaint
If you have any concerns about the therapy or services you receive and we cannot resolve them together to your satisfaction you have the right to make a complaint to the professional bodies with whom I am registered. I can provide you with their details.
As your therapist, I am committed to providing you with a safe, caring, respectful and supportive environment where you may discuss your concerns and any issues that may be distressing you.
Commitment and Responsibility
The therapy process requires commitment and a genuine desire to change. As your therapist, I am here to help you help yourself to the best of your abilities. However, you must be responsible for your own thoughts, feelings and actions.
Honesty and Boundaries in relation to Therapy
Therapy sessions work best when you are open and honest. I will do my best to do this and expect you will do the same. Please ask questions if there is something you do not understand and let me know if your circumstances change or something happens that may affect the therapy process.
Therapy sessions can be emotionally and psychologically charged and it is important to recognise that our relationship is strictly professional in nature. It is also important for you to know that in Psychosexual and Relationship Therapy will NOT involve any touching or undressing with the Therapist. You may be asked to do some tasks outside of therapy sessions for yourself and if agreed upon. You may also be asked to have a medical examination by a medical practitioner.
Expectations Therapy: Clinical Sexology, Relationship Therapy, Counselling, Yoga & Yoga Therapy.
- Results vary, this practice cannot guarantee the desired results.
- This practice does not guarantee single session success, nor does it guarantee that only one session is needed to resolve an issue.
- The success of a session depends greatly on the client’s willingness and desire to affect change in themselves, regardless of what may arise within a session.
- Sometimes clients will discover, after having therapy, that they don’t want to change the presenting issue; this is normal and OK.
- The practitioner will do everything in their power to ensure your success; success may include changes in behaviours or feelings and may be different to what was expected.
- The practioner will not make you change.
- Expectations may not match the actual outcome of any therapeutic session.
- You have other choices from which to seek assistance regarding your specific concerns, and you have chosen Thinking Feeling Moving to assist you.
- Psychosexual and Relationship Therapy, Counselling, Yoga and Yoga Therapy is not a replacement for medical treatment of psychiatric services. You may be recommended to seek medical assistance before continuing therapy.
- The practioner does not treat, prescribe or diagnose any condition.
- You agree to participate in each session to the best of your ability.
- You agree to participate in any out of session activities discussed in session to the best of your ability.
Communication between sessions
Please keep communication contained to our scheduled sessions. If you need to reschedule our session you can do so 48 hours beforehand. You have the ability to reschedule your session by clicking on the ‘manage my booking’ (purple) button on your booking confirmation email. Please note that I am bound by professional membership agreements that I am unable to be a ‘friend’ on personal social media accounts.
Thinking Feeling Moving is not a crisis centre. If you need assistance and are in crisis, please contact your GP and or crisis counselling services in your location. You have been emailed a copy of some crisis contacts which are available in the UK, Australia and the USA. Here is a link to the document again: Crisis Support Information.
If by chance we happen to find ourselves in the same professional or social group (including online), I will deliberately not acknowledge you unless you approach me. I will not acknowledge you so your confidentiality is not breached, and therefore by association of me there can be no link that you are having or have had therapy with me. You may acknowledge me which would be taken as a cue that you are comfortable to speak with me in this context. I will assess the situation and I reserve the right to either stay or leave. It will then be attended to in our following therapy session.