Click HERE to view the interview.
Join me in a conversation with Linda Weiner as we discuss the importance of touch being a primal human need that is vital for our health and survival.
Linda shares practical examples of how ‘Sensate Focus Touch’ can help individuals in Covid isolation, in solo touch to feel safe, calm and secure in their own body, and if chosen… with another partner.
Linda shares her thoughts on how mindfulness practices when focusing on the experience of temperature, texture, and pressure reduce anxiety and increase feelings of relaxation responses and pleasure.
She also discusses her views on the future of Sex and Relationship Psychotherapy in the bio psycho social model.
- Sensate Focus in Sex Therapy: The Illustrated Manual by Linda Weiner (Author) and co-author Constance Avery-Clark (Author) A much needed revised extension of the work by Masters and Johnson. Sensate Focus in Sex Therapy: The Illustrated Manual is a go to text, highly regarded by Sex Therapists globally.
- Trained and employed for five years by the world-renowned Masters & Johnson Institute.
- Linda is well published as an author many books and papers.
- Has more than 35 years’ experience working with individuals’ and couples’ intimacy and relationship concerns and run a successful private practice.
- Adjunct Professor, at Washington University (2002-2017).
- Presently running professional workshops and conferences nationally and internationally.
- Provide bi-annual sexuality education to medical staff at BJC Hospitals, St. Louis.
“Sensate Focus is one of the longest-standing tools in the toolbox of skilled sex therapists. Weiner and Avery-Clark refresh and revitalize this formidable tool, and apply the lens of mindfulness to understanding the power of this practice. This book will ensure that therapists—both new and seasoned—implement Sensate Focus effectively and accurately.” — Lori A. Brotto, PhD,
Sensate Focus has shown to be highly effective in helping people with:
- Male Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
- Female Sexual Interest/Arousal Disorder
- Erectile Disorder
- Female Orgasmic Disorder
- Premature (Early or Rapid) Ejaculation
- Delayed Ejaculation
- Genital Pelvic Pain Disorder (Dyspareunia) and Penetration Disorder (Vaginismus)
Linda Weiner can be contacted through:
Linda’s blog as discussed in the video:
Lisa McGarva -Clinical Psychosexual & Relationship Therapist (in training), registered Counsellor, Yoga Teacher, Yoga Therapist and Educator. Lisa is the founder of Thinking Feeling Moving. This is a space that brings together different modalities of healing for the mind and the body through Clincial Pyschosexual and Relationship Therapy, Counselling and Yoga Therapy. This bespoke service of healing is by design able to fit into your busy schedule. Online sessions available globally, you may make a booking through the website https://www.thinkingfeelingmoving.com
Psychosexual and Relationship therapy +Counselling. Thinking Feeling Moving is a LGBTQIA+ friendly safe space, GSRD aware and sex positive. Lisa is pluralistic in her approach drawing on many theories and techniques to best suit the client’s needs. Presently studying a Graduate Diploma in Sexology and Relationship Therapy and has student registration with COSRT (College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists- UK). Lisa is a qualified and registered Counsellor (Australian Counselling Association).
Yoga Therapy sessions. Are programmes which are individually designed for clients. After a consultation, Lisa creates a specialised filmed yoga class just for you. This class can be downloaded to your device. The programme is updated as your body heals and comes back into balance. Yoga Therapy is an intensive individualised programme to bring your body back into balance in recovering from illness, injury, surgery or if you are requiring a practice and have high needs with your body. Lisa is a 500hour trained Yoga Teacher (Yoga Australia), and registered Yoga Therapist (International Association of Yoga Therapists). Private Yoga Classes are also available online.
Lisa’s YouTube channel is a space for deep rest where you can find dozens of guided Yoga Nidra Meditations filmed in beautiful places around the world. Access deep rest for your body and mind anytime on your device. Lisa also hosts many interviews with prominent leaders in the areas of Sexology, and Yoga Therapy.
She is global calling a few different continents home which is why she works primarily online. She loves travelling with her FIFO husband who is a fellow explorer in travels, experiences and love.