Click HERE to view the interview.
Join me in a conversation with Linda Weiner as we discuss the importance of touch being a primal human need that is vital for our health and survival.
Linda shares practical examples of how ‘Sensate Focus Touch’ can help individuals in Covid isolation, in solo touch to feel safe, calm and secure in their own body, and if chosen… with another partner.
Linda shares her thoughts on how mindfulness practices when focusing on the experience of temperature, texture, and pressure reduce anxiety and increase feelings of relaxation responses and pleasure.
She also discusses her views on the future of Sex and Relationship Psychotherapy in the bio psycho social model.
- Sensate Focus in Sex Therapy: The Illustrated Manual by Linda Weiner (Author) and co-author Constance Avery-Clark (Author) A much needed revised extension of the work by Masters and Johnson. Sensate Focus in Sex Therapy: The Illustrated Manual is a go to text, highly regarded by Sex Therapists globally.
- Trained and employed for five years by the world-renowned Masters & Johnson Institute.
- Linda is well published as an author many books and papers.
- Has more than 35 years’ experience working with individuals’ and couples’ intimacy and relationship concerns and run a successful private practice.
- Adjunct Professor, at Washington University (2002-2017).
- Presently running professional workshops and conferences nationally and internationally.
- Provide bi-annual sexuality education to medical staff at BJC Hospitals, St. Louis.
“Sensate Focus is one of the longest-standing tools in the toolbox of skilled sex therapists. Weiner and Avery-Clark refresh and revitalize this formidable tool, and apply the lens of mindfulness to understanding the power of this practice. This book will ensure that therapists—both new and seasoned—implement Sensate Focus effectively and accurately.” — Lori A. Brotto, PhD,
Sensate Focus has shown to be highly effective in helping people with:
- Male Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
- Female Sexual Interest/Arousal Disorder
- Erectile Disorder
- Female Orgasmic Disorder
- Premature (Early or Rapid) Ejaculation
- Delayed Ejaculation
- Genital Pelvic Pain Disorder (Dyspareunia) and Penetration Disorder (Vaginismus)
Linda Weiner can be contacted through:
Linda’s blog as discussed in the video:
Lisa McGarva B.Ed. Registered Level 2 Yoga Teacher (500 hours) Yoga Australia, Certified Yoga Therapist- International Association of Yoga Therapists (C-IAYT). High School Teacher with the QLD Department of Education and Training since 1998 (as a Specialist Behaviour and Projects Teacher). Counsellor registered with the Australian Counselling Association, and a student member of the College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists presently studying a Diploma of Clinical Sexology with CICS due for graduation in 2023. Lisa is the founder of Thinking Feeling Moving. This is a space that brings together different modalities of healing for the mind and the body. Through Counselling, Private Yoga Classes and Yoga Therapy Programmes, Lisa can help you to connect to yourself, work with you to move through a challenging time, and heal your body to be the best expression of health. This bespoke service of healing is by design able to fit into your busy schedule. Online sessions available, you may make a booking through the website https://www.thinkingfeelingmoving.com .
Counselling. Thinking Feeling Moving is LGBTQIA+ friendly, and sex positive. I use a combination of CBT, Solution Focused and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy as tools in the style of counselling that I use. I draw on expressive therapies, mindfulness- based therapies and yoga techniques in working with clients. I work with both the mind and body, as they by nature are connected.
Private Yoga Classes. Are offered online where you are taken through a 60 / 90 min class online with Lisa. Classes are designed to meet your individual needs on that day.
Yoga Therapy sessions. Are programmes which are individually designed for clients. After a consultation, Lisa creates a specialised filmed yoga class just for you. This class can be downloaded to your device. The programme is updated as your body heals and comes back into balance. Yoga Therapy is an intensive individualised programme to bring your body back into balance in recovering from illness, injury, surgery or if you are requiring a practice and have high needs with your body.
Lisa regularly runs Yoga Nida deep rest sessions live on Instagram, Facebook @thinkingfeelingmoving and has a bank of recordings available for download on her YouTube channel which can be viewed at your convenience.
She is global calling a few different places home which is why she works primarily online. She loves travelling with her FIFO husband who is a fellow explorer in travels, experiences and love.